Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I move files to a new imac fom the external hard drive with time machine on old mac?

Can I move files to a new imac fom the external hard drive with time machine on old mac?

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 4:29 PM

Without knowing more about your specific configuration I am going to say the answer is most likely yes. I suggest reading this Apple article which should answer most of your questions on how to use Migration Assistant to move the files from your Time Machine backup or your old iMac. The process works well.

How to move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2019 4:29 PM in response to ronaldfromcloverdale

Without knowing more about your specific configuration I am going to say the answer is most likely yes. I suggest reading this Apple article which should answer most of your questions on how to use Migration Assistant to move the files from your Time Machine backup or your old iMac. The process works well.

How to move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.