Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My family sharing won’t let me change my default payment method. The edit button doesn’t work.

My family sharing won’t let me change my default payment method. The edit button doesn’t work.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 7:08 PM

If you are not the organiser you cannot change it.

Family Sharing requires a personal Apple ID signed in to iCloud and iTunes. iOS 8 or later and OS X Yosemite or later are required to set up or join a Family Sharing group and are recommended for full functionality. Not all content is eligible to be shared. Content can be hidden by family members; hidden content is not available for download. Content downloaded from family members or acquired via redemption codes is not subject to Ask to Buy.

With Family Sharing, you can share an iCloud storage plan with up to five family members. You can also get an Apple Music Family subscription to share all of the benefits of Apple Music with up to six people.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2019 7:08 PM in response to jaymi65

If you are not the organiser you cannot change it.

Family Sharing requires a personal Apple ID signed in to iCloud and iTunes. iOS 8 or later and OS X Yosemite or later are required to set up or join a Family Sharing group and are recommended for full functionality. Not all content is eligible to be shared. Content can be hidden by family members; hidden content is not available for download. Content downloaded from family members or acquired via redemption codes is not subject to Ask to Buy.

With Family Sharing, you can share an iCloud storage plan with up to five family members. You can also get an Apple Music Family subscription to share all of the benefits of Apple Music with up to six people.

Dec 10, 2019 6:11 PM in response to aokap

It would be nice to have this issue addressed. Each person on the family share should be able to have their own payment method. Why is apple making this complicated. Do they must not want family share to even exist. To complicated. Apple your making it not even worth having Apple TV + or even music. Amazon could show you how to simplify things.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.