Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Oleophobic-coated corning glass

Hi,

Is it possible to replace only Oleophobic-coated corning glass of iPhone 6S? Today unfortunately my mobile fell down and glass portion of screen broken

Do I need to go for complete screen replacement or only glass can be replaced at Apple store.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 3:42 AM

I think your device needs a screen replacement, but we can't diagnose that issue remotely.

Have it inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:--> Apple – Location Selector

Do not forget to create a full backup of your device before servicing.

Regards

Giulio

5 replies

Aug 25, 2019 5:35 AM in response to Sanjay_Bhajantri

Apple doesn’t replace just the glass. They only use entire screen assemblies with new displays.

What you’re asking for is possible, but not from Apple or an AASP. And I’ve seen a few repairs like that and they can be rather odd looking. The glass and digitizer are fused to the LCD, so you can imagine it’s not a simple thing to do.

Oleophobic-coated corning glass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.