Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used an Apple Card for my ICloud acct. but it didn’t work. Did I do the right thing?

I used an Apple App Store & ITunes card to update my ICloud acct. It accepted it on my phone but it still says I have to update my acct.

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 11:06 AM

Here is How to use Apple Card

Learn how to change the payment methods you use with Apple ID.

• Update a payment method: Tap the payment method that you want to change, then edit your information. Make sure that your information matches what's on file with your financial institution. You might need to enter the security code that's printed on your credit or debit card. If you see Apple Pay after the last 4 digits of the card number, edit your billing information in the Wallet app.
  • Add a payment method: Tap Add Payment Method. You might see a suggestion to add a card that you use with Apple Pay. (If you add a new credit or debit card, you might see an option to add the new card to Apple Pay.)

Remove or reorder

• Remove a payment method: Tap Edit, then tap the Remove icon  or swipe left and tap delete.
  • Change the order of your payment methods: Tap Edit, then use the Move Order icon  to rearrange your payment methods. Apple will attempt to charge payment methods in order from top to bottom. You can't change the order in which Apple ID balance is charged.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2019 11:06 AM in response to Yeoz1617

Here is How to use Apple Card

Learn how to change the payment methods you use with Apple ID.

• Update a payment method: Tap the payment method that you want to change, then edit your information. Make sure that your information matches what's on file with your financial institution. You might need to enter the security code that's printed on your credit or debit card. If you see Apple Pay after the last 4 digits of the card number, edit your billing information in the Wallet app.
  • Add a payment method: Tap Add Payment Method. You might see a suggestion to add a card that you use with Apple Pay. (If you add a new credit or debit card, you might see an option to add the new card to Apple Pay.)

Remove or reorder

• Remove a payment method: Tap Edit, then tap the Remove icon  or swipe left and tap delete.
  • Change the order of your payment methods: Tap Edit, then use the Move Order icon  to rearrange your payment methods. Apple will attempt to charge payment methods in order from top to bottom. You can't change the order in which Apple ID balance is charged.

I used an Apple Card for my ICloud acct. but it didn’t work. Did I do the right thing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.