Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch randomly replying to messages

How can I stop my Apple Watch randomly replying to text messages with dictated speech?

Somehow it’s copying something I say and sending it as a reply to a recent (maybe the most recent) message thread on iMessage.

As far as I know I am not pressing or touching anything on the watch at the time, but maybe it does it when I raise my wrist. It’s happened maybe 5 times in the last month, so not super frequently, but enough to be v annoying.

Please help before it copies part of a conversation and sends it to someone it shouldn’t!!

thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 7:48 AM

Try this:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Siri - disable, pause for a few moments and then re-enable Siri.

If that does not immediately help, try also restarting both devices afterwards. Turn both devices off, then restart your iPhone first. To turn off / restart your watch: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag the slider to turn off. When ready to turn back on, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 7:48 AM in response to pippa196

Try this:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Siri - disable, pause for a few moments and then re-enable Siri.

If that does not immediately help, try also restarting both devices afterwards. Turn both devices off, then restart your iPhone first. To turn off / restart your watch: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag the slider to turn off. When ready to turn back on, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

Apple Watch randomly replying to messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.