Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos acting weird

Hello!

On my MacBook Pro (13 inch, 2017) I have about 40mb worth of pictures. However, when I'm accessing the "users and groups" categories, I have about 800 pictures to choose from. I have tried deleting the master files including these pictures using "Clean My Mac", the master files have disappeared, but not the size. When I'm checking my "imported pictures" in photos, they are about 1.5 mb of size, so I'm wondering where the rest is, so I can get rid of them? I do not have iCloud pictures on.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 2:44 AM

If you let CleanMyMac touch the library, it may have become damaged and need repairing. Deleting images from the Masters folder will create inconstancies and the internal database files of the library will point to the wrong files. You will not be able to tell how much storage the photos on your Mac are really using, if the Photos Library is damaged.

I would restore an older version of your Photos Library from your backup and then use only Photos to delete images.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 2:44 AM in response to anevas

If you let CleanMyMac touch the library, it may have become damaged and need repairing. Deleting images from the Masters folder will create inconstancies and the internal database files of the library will point to the wrong files. You will not be able to tell how much storage the photos on your Mac are really using, if the Photos Library is damaged.

I would restore an older version of your Photos Library from your backup and then use only Photos to delete images.

Photos acting weird

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.