Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mojave 10.14.6 How do i stop right sliding between programs?

When i move from program to program, example chrome to excel the existing window slides off to the right. This is fairly new, must have started during an update. If i click from the bar at the bottom to open something new, instead of just going on top, everything else slides off the page and the new item opens up. How do I stop this?? I need excel and chrome open on the same window so i can copy some numbers and what not....and besides its just annoying. I prefer to have the things on the same window so i can move back and forth between them as needed.

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 12:39 PM

It seems to me that you have applications running in full screen. In order for two applications to be onscreen at the same time they (obviously) cannot be in full screen mode.

Move the cursor to the top of your screen until the green yellow and red buttons appear and click the green button to get out of full screen.

Also: applications on full screen appear on separate “desktops”. In addition to control-left and right arrows to navigate to different desktops, you can use Mission Control (by pressing the F3 key) to see all the desktops at once, move windows to different desktops, close or reorganize desktops, and more.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 12:39 PM in response to Momarch

It seems to me that you have applications running in full screen. In order for two applications to be onscreen at the same time they (obviously) cannot be in full screen mode.

Move the cursor to the top of your screen until the green yellow and red buttons appear and click the green button to get out of full screen.

Also: applications on full screen appear on separate “desktops”. In addition to control-left and right arrows to navigate to different desktops, you can use Mission Control (by pressing the F3 key) to see all the desktops at once, move windows to different desktops, close or reorganize desktops, and more.

Mac Mojave 10.14.6 How do i stop right sliding between programs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.