Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

National Parks Challenge badge has not appeared in workout app

The national parks challenge badge did not appear in my awards app after doing the required 4.8km or above.

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 4:42 AM

See this.....down near the bottom

If you complete a goal, but don't earn the award

12 replies

Aug 26, 2019 9:28 AM in response to Randy-12

I have the same issue. One of the activities was referred to as a "roll" which I only assume meant a bike ride. I did a 14.8 mile ride yesterday and haven't received the badge. Have restarted both watch and phone, and no change showing I earned the badge. I didn't even see a notification yesterday after completing the activity. I used the native Activity app as well.

I did notice that it said "using any app that adds workouts to health". But what app would be better suited to do that than the native Activity app? Is this the catch, should I have used Strava instead?

Aug 28, 2019 1:00 AM in response to deborahfrommesa

I got my badge straight after my 3 miles outdoor walk. They do mention it can take up to 9 days for any badges to appear. I would suggest you reset your watch Watch. Press the crown and side button in untill the Apple logo appears. Also worth checking your workouts on your activity app that the walk has been recorded. I don’t believe bike workouts qualifies for the badge only walking or hiking

Aug 29, 2019 9:47 AM in response to adkatie

Spoke with Apple today and was thoroughly disgusted. I was told that because I didn’t use a walk, run, wheelchair or “roll” (don’t ask) even though I specifically stated any app that “shows in the (Apple) Health App, I didn’t receive it. Instead I used the “other” app on the watch for reasons that I’ll not get into. BUT, when I looked at my last challenge for Earth Day I use “other” and receive my award.

I’m now awaiting a call from Apple on the 3rd September.

Aug 29, 2019 10:17 AM in response to deborahfrommesa

Thanks for the feedback. The roll is for wheelchair user’s.

As for the badge I personally believe it was not clear enough. It did say you could uses other apps connected with health. Sounds like whom spoke to wasn’t 100% clued up in the matter. Wait so see what happens on the 3rd September but tbh it doesn’t bode much hope

National Parks Challenge badge has not appeared in workout app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.