Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my Apple ID the same ID for iCloud?

Is my Apple ID the same ID for iCloud? Is my Apple PW the same PW for iCloud? My Apple ID is my Gmail Address and it appears that I have also have an iCloud Address. Please advise!! TU!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 5:04 PM

Sign in with your Apple ID

Your Apple ID is the account that you use to access all Apple services and make all of your devices work together seamlessly.

Use the same Apple ID every time and everywhere that you sign in. If you use Apple services like the iTunes & App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, and FaceTime, then you already have an Apple ID and don't need to create a new one.

If you forgot your Apple ID, follow these steps to find your Apple ID again. You can also look up your Apple ID by entering the full name and email address associated with your Apple ID.*

*If your mobile phone number is your Apple ID, you might not be able to look up your Apple ID.

Sign in when you set up your new device

When you turn on and set up your new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you’ll see a message to sign in with your Apple ID. After you sign in, all of the Apple services on your device will set up automatically.

If you want to change your sign-in preferences later—for example, use a different Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes—you can go to your device Settings or System Preferences.

If you already set up your device, it's easy to sign in from Settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, or from each separate service on your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 5:04 PM in response to clarence244

Sign in with your Apple ID

Your Apple ID is the account that you use to access all Apple services and make all of your devices work together seamlessly.

Use the same Apple ID every time and everywhere that you sign in. If you use Apple services like the iTunes & App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, and FaceTime, then you already have an Apple ID and don't need to create a new one.

If you forgot your Apple ID, follow these steps to find your Apple ID again. You can also look up your Apple ID by entering the full name and email address associated with your Apple ID.*

*If your mobile phone number is your Apple ID, you might not be able to look up your Apple ID.

Sign in when you set up your new device

When you turn on and set up your new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you’ll see a message to sign in with your Apple ID. After you sign in, all of the Apple services on your device will set up automatically.

If you want to change your sign-in preferences later—for example, use a different Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes—you can go to your device Settings or System Preferences.

If you already set up your device, it's easy to sign in from Settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, or from each separate service on your Mac.

Aug 26, 2019 5:22 PM in response to clarence244

clarence244 wrote:

Is my Apple ID the same ID for iCloud? Is my Apple PW the same PW for iCloud? My Apple ID is my Gmail Address and it appears that I have also have an iCloud Address. Please advise!! TU!

Most people only have one Apple ID, but you can have multiple and use them for different purposes. An iCloud email address is not usually also used as your Apple ID, but some people do that.

In your case, it sounds like your Gmail address is your Apple ID, and your iCloud email address is what you set up as part of setting up iCloud. You don't have to use your iCloud email address for anything at all if you don't want to. Although I use iCloud services, I don't use my iCloud email address for anything.

Is my Apple ID the same ID for iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.