Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 won't pair to my iPhone 8

My husband just purchased a new Apple Watch Series 3 for me. I tried to pair it to my lphone8 but it won't. Yes, I've turned everything on and off a couple times. Yes, I unpaired and repaired. Yes, I have the newest update on my phone running. Help. Frustrated

Julie

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 4:56 PM

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone

If you see a red iPhone icon on your Apple Watch, or you're trying to pair and can't find the "i" icon, try to connect your devices again. 

Check your Apple Watch connection

• If you don't get notifications, messages, or calls on your Apple Watch, your Apple Watch and iPhone might not be connected. When your devices disconnect,  or  appears on your watch face. You can also check your connection in Control Center. When your Apple Watch connects again,  appears.

If you need help, try the steps below. After each step, see if your devices can connect.

Try to connect your Apple Watch and iPhone again

1. Keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together to make sure that they're in range.
  2. On your iPhone, make sure that Airplane Mode is off and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. To check, swipe up to open Control Center. 
  3. If you see  on your watch face, Airplane Mode is on. Swipe up to open Control Center, then turn Airplane Mode off. 
  4. Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.

Unpair your devices, then pair them again

If your Apple Watch still can't connect, unpair your devices, then pair them again: 

1. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
  2. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap your watch at the top of the screen. Tap the "i" icon  next to the watch that you want to unpair, then tap Unpair Apple Watch. Tap again to confirm. Learn what to do if you can't find the "i" icon .
  3. Pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again

Contact us

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 4:56 PM in response to Applewatchpairing

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone

If you see a red iPhone icon on your Apple Watch, or you're trying to pair and can't find the "i" icon, try to connect your devices again. 

Check your Apple Watch connection

• If you don't get notifications, messages, or calls on your Apple Watch, your Apple Watch and iPhone might not be connected. When your devices disconnect,  or  appears on your watch face. You can also check your connection in Control Center. When your Apple Watch connects again,  appears.

If you need help, try the steps below. After each step, see if your devices can connect.

Try to connect your Apple Watch and iPhone again

1. Keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together to make sure that they're in range.
  2. On your iPhone, make sure that Airplane Mode is off and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. To check, swipe up to open Control Center. 
  3. If you see  on your watch face, Airplane Mode is on. Swipe up to open Control Center, then turn Airplane Mode off. 
  4. Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.

Unpair your devices, then pair them again

If your Apple Watch still can't connect, unpair your devices, then pair them again: 

1. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
  2. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap your watch at the top of the screen. Tap the "i" icon  next to the watch that you want to unpair, then tap Unpair Apple Watch. Tap again to confirm. Learn what to do if you can't find the "i" icon .
  3. Pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again

Contact us

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Apple Watch Series 3 won't pair to my iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.