You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

black screen of death

I have an iPhone x

it said it was overheated. put it in water to cool it down. worked fine on a call then went black. is still on but screen is black. tried the volume up volume down reset, it didn't work. phone still rings but is still black.. Suggestions?

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 6:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 7:13 PM

Sorry, just so I understand ... you placed your iPhone X in water to cool it down. You do understand that your phone is not water-proof ... right? By placing it in water, you may have caused additional damage to it and maybe the reason it doesn't work.

At this point, I would suggest that you stop using it and make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2019 7:13 PM in response to xphoneblack

Sorry, just so I understand ... you placed your iPhone X in water to cool it down. You do understand that your phone is not water-proof ... right? By placing it in water, you may have caused additional damage to it and maybe the reason it doesn't work.

At this point, I would suggest that you stop using it and make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

black screen of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.