Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Flight Prohibited

I'm travelling to Rome. Have just found out that MacBook Pro is prohibited in cabin and checked baggage. Is this true. I have a MacBook Pro (Retine, 15-inch, Mid 2015). Keep trying to 'chat' online but Apple isn't allowing it and can't seem to get any answers. I have typed in the serial number to see if it is affected and it says that it does not fit within the range. I would hate to go through security and have my laptop taken.

Does anyone have any advice/information that they can share with me.

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 7:33 AM

15-inch MacBook Pro Battery Recall Program - Apple Support

3 replies

Aug 27, 2019 8:06 AM in response to Flight1

I suggest that you try the link that BobTheFisherman has provided you. If after entering your notebook's serial number, take a screen shot of the results and print it out. You can use this, along with your notebook, at the security check-in/airline counter to show them.

It would also be a good idea to call the airline you are traveling on to verify their requirements. Remember this is an government (FAA) restriction which the carriers must comply with. It may also be a restriction for other similar foreign agencies as well.

MacBook Pro Flight Prohibited

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.