Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to transfer app store credits to other accounts? (Having trouble with changing Apple ID account

I have moved to a different country temporarily, and I want to update my Apple ID account's region/country info to this country. This will allow me to download the few apps that are only available in this country to help me with my day-to-day life here, which includes a banking app.

However, in order to change the region/country information, I found out that I need to have the app store credit balance of $0 according to Apple.

Unfortunately, I added $200 to app store credits a while back and have spent like $5... so I still have $195 app store credits left in my account. What are the options for me in this case? Is there a way for me to move this credit balance into a physical card? or to a friend? or use it to buy a gift card..?

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 12:43 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Aug 27, 2019 8:29 AM in response to sam2112

If you switch AppleID, you won’t be able to switch back to the other AppleID for 90 days - View and remove your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

When you try to associate another Apple ID with a device that was already associated, you might see a message that says, "This device is associated with another Apple ID. You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days." Depending on when you associated your device with your Apple ID, you might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with another Apple ID.

Aug 27, 2019 7:56 PM in response to Michael Black

Well, that is a bummer. :( I guess the only way to resolve this issue then is to forfeit $195 in my account.

This resolution is not something I expect from Apple which has always provided the highest quality hardware and software, but there doesn’t seem to be any other way.

90 day apple id lock is worse than $195 loss for me due to how much of my personal stuff is tied to the apple id.

Thanks for the help everyone.

P.S. Is there any Apple app which I can use credit balance to purchase something to gift my friends or families? I thought that would be better than just forfeiting.

Is there a way to transfer app store credits to other accounts? (Having trouble with changing Apple ID account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.