Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move Ring Issues

I’ve had an Apple Watch for a couple of years, I’m reasonably active. The last 3 days we’ve been out walking on the coastal path and Dartmoor. The move ring is not recording this exercise correctly. This has only suddenly happened .... anyone else have the same problem.

E.G

Saturday 7 Miles = 374 Move Calories

Sunday 8.4 Miles = 332 Move Calories

Monday 4 Miles = 135 Move Calories

The exercise ring is however properly recording the days exercise but Move is behaving oddly suddenly.

Any ideas anyone?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 4:50 AM

Move calories depend on more factors than just distance. Heart rate, age, weight etc.

I can walk 2 miles as a stroll or 2 miles at a fast trot. They are not the same except for the distance moved.

But if you're thinking something is off I'd try

Hard restarting your iPhone, when you see the Apple logo

Hard restart your watch by holding in the crown and the side button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo then release.

Also I'd reset your fitness data

iPhone>My Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 4:50 AM in response to NickyB1867

Move calories depend on more factors than just distance. Heart rate, age, weight etc.

I can walk 2 miles as a stroll or 2 miles at a fast trot. They are not the same except for the distance moved.

But if you're thinking something is off I'd try

Hard restarting your iPhone, when you see the Apple logo

Hard restart your watch by holding in the crown and the side button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo then release.

Also I'd reset your fitness data

iPhone>My Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data

Move Ring Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.