Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gear Tracking

Hey!

I am currently using my Apple watch and Activity to tracking my running. Wanted to find out if there is anyway to track your gear? I have a new pair of running shoes, and want to add them to my Activity so that I can track how much mileage I get out of them.

Can anyone assist with this?

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 6:07 PM

Hello MegsFulls501,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you would like to know if there's a way to track how much distance you've run on a pair of running shoes when working out with your Apple Watch. I would be happy to help provide options to consider.

When using the built-in Workout and Activity apps, there's not a category specifically for workout gear. However, one option would be to create an 'Other' workout used specially when wearing the running shoes, then name it after the shoes worn:

Workout types on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Another option to consider would be to use a third-party app, such as Nike Run Club, that allows you to add and track how many miles you've run in your running shoes:

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 6:07 PM in response to MegsFulls501

Hello MegsFulls501,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you would like to know if there's a way to track how much distance you've run on a pair of running shoes when working out with your Apple Watch. I would be happy to help provide options to consider.

When using the built-in Workout and Activity apps, there's not a category specifically for workout gear. However, one option would be to create an 'Other' workout used specially when wearing the running shoes, then name it after the shoes worn:

Workout types on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Another option to consider would be to use a third-party app, such as Nike Run Club, that allows you to add and track how many miles you've run in your running shoes:

Cheers!

Gear Tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.