Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Drives not appearing in Disc Utility on mac min 2018

I have an exrernal drive connected by Thunderbolt and another connected by USB. Neither of these drive appear in the disk utility on my mac mini 2018. Should they? and if so, how do I make them appear

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 4:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 12:15 AM

I have the same problem with my "Seagate Backup Plus 4TB External Hard Drive USB 3.0" under Catalina 10.15.1. The disk formatted for Time Machine does show up in system details, however can not be mounted or used. Disk Utility comes up with error message (com.apple.Diskmanagement.disenter eror 0.) My other identical 4TB drive, which is used to share files between my Windows and MAC system is recognised and I can read the files via FINDER, however I can not write new files to it.

I think CATALINA sucks !!!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 12:15 AM in response to metiman1

I have the same problem with my "Seagate Backup Plus 4TB External Hard Drive USB 3.0" under Catalina 10.15.1. The disk formatted for Time Machine does show up in system details, however can not be mounted or used. Disk Utility comes up with error message (com.apple.Diskmanagement.disenter eror 0.) My other identical 4TB drive, which is used to share files between my Windows and MAC system is recognised and I can read the files via FINDER, however I can not write new files to it.

I think CATALINA sucks !!!

External Drives not appearing in Disc Utility on mac min 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.