Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Power Adapter for MacBook Pro Intel core I5 model

I currently have a MacBook Pro Intel Core i5, Model #: MD101LL/A what is the replacement charger for this specific computer

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 8:16 AM

The MD101LL/A would be a 13-inch, Mid 2012 MacBook Pro ... is this correct?

If so, then this model came with a 60W MagSafe (NOT MagSafe 2) power adapter with a "T" style connector.

Ref: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

10 replies

Aug 27, 2019 11:25 AM in response to Tesserax

Tesserax wrote:

The MD101LL/A would be a 13-inch, Mid 2012 MacBook Pro ... is this correct?

If so, then this model came with a 60W MagSafe (NOT MagSafe 2) power adapter with a "T" style connector.

Ref: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

I got mine in 2015 and it came with the L-type connector. I still have my original T-type connector from my late 2007 MacBook and it works.

Aug 27, 2019 1:00 PM in response to Tesserax

Tesserax wrote:
Ok, so it looks like there a few perturbations of which Apple 60W power adapters that can be used with the 13" MBP (& MacBook) models that will work. Good to know. Thanks!

They're all compatible. I have no idea what earlier versions shipped with, but mine (made in 2014) was packaged with a power adapter with the L-shaped connector. Right now the only ones that Apple ships have the L.

Aug 27, 2019 1:22 PM in response to y_p_w

The original MagSafe that shipped with ANY MacBook was the T-shaped. The L-shaped was introduced later. It was slimmer, and sleeker looking, but users discovered it was not as good at disconnecting when you tripped over the cord. The two types are functionally equivalent in ever other way.

As other have mentioned, Larger Wattage adapter works just fine, and will not do any damage to anything. The computer just draws what it needs. They are slightly heavier to carry, but may be slightly cooler in running.

The MagSafe-2 computer-end is slimmer, and will not line up properly for reliable operation. There is a US$10 adapter from original MagSafe adapter to MagSafe-2 computer, but not the reverse.

Aug 28, 2019 8:34 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Grant Bennet-Alder wrote:
As other have mentioned, Larger Wattage adapter works just fine, and will not do any damage to anything. The computer just draws what it needs. They are slightly heavier to carry, but may be slightly cooler in running.

I believe the 85W version will just provide the same 16.5V as the 60W version when connected to a 13" model.

What Power Adapter for MacBook Pro Intel core I5 model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.