Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud family storage plan

hi,

i just began a family sharing storage plan. Is all of my personal information hidden from the other users like location and etc?

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 10:26 AM

iCloud Storage has nothing to do with location sharing. All of your data and personal information is kept private and nobody else can see it. However, if you enable Location Sharing in Family Sharing, and you allow the other family members to see your location, yes they can see your location if you are using the device on which you enabled location sharing.

For instance, my family uses location sharing, and if we have out phones with us, we can all see each other’s location since we have the feature enabled to work from out phones. If I don’t have my phone, but have my iPad on me, they can not see my location because it is not enabled on that device. You can only use device at a time for location sharing.

Take a look at this.

Share your location with your family - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 10:26 AM in response to JustinKachan

iCloud Storage has nothing to do with location sharing. All of your data and personal information is kept private and nobody else can see it. However, if you enable Location Sharing in Family Sharing, and you allow the other family members to see your location, yes they can see your location if you are using the device on which you enabled location sharing.

For instance, my family uses location sharing, and if we have out phones with us, we can all see each other’s location since we have the feature enabled to work from out phones. If I don’t have my phone, but have my iPad on me, they can not see my location because it is not enabled on that device. You can only use device at a time for location sharing.

Take a look at this.

Share your location with your family - Apple Support

icloud family storage plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.