Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update oldish iPad mini

dear, whom it may concern,

I have had an iPad which was gifted to myself a few years ago and it’s unabling me to update it from iOS 9.3.5. Please may you suggest what I could do to update it because it doesn’t give me any alternatives for it.

Kind Regards

Courtney

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 12:54 PM

You own a first generation iPad Mini and that version CANNIOT be upgraded beyond iOS 9.3.5.

A 1st gen iPad Mini is nearly 7-years old, now.

Its internal hardware is too old, underpowered and completely incompatible with any current and future versions of iOS.

Sorry.

If you need an iPad that can run the latest and greatest versions of iOS, as well as, the most current apps available, then, you will need to purchase a new iPad from Apple or a discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple’s Refurbished & Clearance section of Apple’s Website.

Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 12:54 PM in response to Help-for-iPad

You own a first generation iPad Mini and that version CANNIOT be upgraded beyond iOS 9.3.5.

A 1st gen iPad Mini is nearly 7-years old, now.

Its internal hardware is too old, underpowered and completely incompatible with any current and future versions of iOS.

Sorry.

If you need an iPad that can run the latest and greatest versions of iOS, as well as, the most current apps available, then, you will need to purchase a new iPad from Apple or a discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple’s Refurbished & Clearance section of Apple’s Website.

Best of Luck to You!

Unable to update oldish iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.