Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ok so the above is helpful-but I gave the iPad to my mother. She does n to remember the password- is there anything I can do?

the iPad is new-with the home button still on front.

My mother can't remember the password for the iPad. She has now decided it is too complicated for her to use! ugh!!!

so now I am trying to use the iPad and I can't get in it with out her password! Any way to reset the whole thing and start over with out her password? Dang this is frustrating!

thanks for your help

susie154

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 1:01 PM

5 replies

Aug 27, 2019 1:03 PM in response to susie154

The easiest solution would be for her to recover the password which can be done from https://iforgot.apple.com.

If that is not possible then Apple could potentially remove the iCloud Activation Lock which would allow you to set it up under your own account, but you would need to provide proof of purchase showing that you are the original owner.

Ok so the above is helpful-but I gave the iPad to my mother. She does n to remember the password- is there anything I can do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.