Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a used apple watch everything works fine up until i get to putting my apple id but it says incorrect and i have rest my phone and the watch

I bought a used apple watch everything works fine up until i get to putting my apple id but it says incorrect and i have rest my phone and the watch

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 6:58 AM

If you are trying to activate an  Watch and it is asking for a previous owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost device. You have no alternative. You must contact the previous owner to get permission to use the device. If you cannot contact the previous owner or the previous owner will not clear the device return the device and demand a refund. You will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2019 6:58 AM in response to paigesittig

If you are trying to activate an  Watch and it is asking for a previous owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost device. You have no alternative. You must contact the previous owner to get permission to use the device. If you cannot contact the previous owner or the previous owner will not clear the device return the device and demand a refund. You will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.