Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could someone tell me how to approve a new phone?

Could someone tell me how to approve a new phone. I will need step by step. Our iPhone is a X.

Thanks

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 7:41 PM

Do you mean linking your new phone to an existing Apple ID? If so, follow the instructions here: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Tap Sign in to your [device].
    3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
    4. If you protect your account with two-factor authentication, enter the six-digit verification code and complete sign in.

If you are asking about how to set up two-factor authentication, follow the instructions here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security. 
    2. Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication.
    3. Tap Continue.

Hope that helps.

Patricia

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 7:41 PM in response to braxton81

Do you mean linking your new phone to an existing Apple ID? If so, follow the instructions here: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Tap Sign in to your [device].
    3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
    4. If you protect your account with two-factor authentication, enter the six-digit verification code and complete sign in.

If you are asking about how to set up two-factor authentication, follow the instructions here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security. 
    2. Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication.
    3. Tap Continue.

Hope that helps.

Patricia

Could someone tell me how to approve a new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.