Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone won't connect to Mac

When I try to connect my iPhone XS Max to my MacBook Air it keep connecting and disconnected rapidly.

The "trust this computer" option comes up but disappears again before I can click anything and the phone flickers between charging and not charging very quickly.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 3:15 PM

I’m having the same problem connecting iPhone 8 Plus to Mac and iPhone X to desktop Mac trying to back up phones and won’t make solid connection with usb cable. Keeps connecting and Unconnecting. Can’t back them up at all. Flickers back and forth have tried 3 different usb apple cords does same thing.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2019 3:15 PM in response to FizBang

I’m having the same problem connecting iPhone 8 Plus to Mac and iPhone X to desktop Mac trying to back up phones and won’t make solid connection with usb cable. Keeps connecting and Unconnecting. Can’t back them up at all. Flickers back and forth have tried 3 different usb apple cords does same thing.

Phone won't connect to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.