Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text messages from my phone

Hello, When I send a text message from my iPhone, the other persons response shows up on my Mac Laptop under Messages? I need their response to come up on my phone which has been the case up until the last couple of days.

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 12:39 PM

I'd suggest you start by logging out of iMessage on all of your devices. Then, log back in on your phone. Go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive. Make sure that your phone number is checked in both "You can receive iMessages to and reply from" and "Start New conversations from". Then, log into iMessages on your computer.

If you also want to get SMS messages on your computer, go back to your iPhone and go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding and add your computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2019 12:39 PM in response to Fab5jan

I'd suggest you start by logging out of iMessage on all of your devices. Then, log back in on your phone. Go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive. Make sure that your phone number is checked in both "You can receive iMessages to and reply from" and "Start New conversations from". Then, log into iMessages on your computer.

If you also want to get SMS messages on your computer, go back to your iPhone and go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding and add your computer.

text messages from my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.