Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Complete BS, another phone holder on my account turned on this two factor crap, now I cannot get rid of it .... just another reason to stop using Apple products ....

Complete BS, another phone holder on my account turned on this two factor crap, now I cannot get rid of it .... just another reason to stop using Apple products ....

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 7:50 PM

From the article below. If it has been on longer than 2 weeks, you can't turn it off. 

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2019 7:50 PM in response to IReallyHateAppleAlot

From the article below. If it has been on longer than 2 weeks, you can't turn it off. 

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Aug 28, 2019 6:48 PM in response to LACAllen

It was my wife, she was trying to configure something to follow our kids phone. The 2FA is tied to an Apple ID and every device on that ID. Unfortunately when my account was setup in order to track my families phones, they had to be tied to my Apple ID. When the code verification for 2FA pops up it pops up on every device that is tied to that ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.