Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do reset my forgotten restriction password?

I do not know my restriction password and I have read some guides to how to reset the passcode however my problem is that it is asking for the restriction passcode to reset the device. In all guides you need to reset the device to reset the password. I can't reset the device without already having the passcode i am trying to reset. It doesn't help that my charging port is broken and i can only sometimes connect the iPad to my computer.

If anyone knows how I can fix this problem I would really appreciate your help.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 7:19 PM

You cannot reset the restrictions passcode, just as you can't reset a forgotten passcode to open your iPad.

You will need to erase the iPad using iTunes on your home computer, by following the directions in this link EXACTLY:

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2019 7:19 PM in response to PhilipVogt

You cannot reset the restrictions passcode, just as you can't reset a forgotten passcode to open your iPad.

You will need to erase the iPad using iTunes on your home computer, by following the directions in this link EXACTLY:

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

How do reset my forgotten restriction password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.