Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

My iPad is on and activation lock and I can’t get on to it how do I factory reset it?

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 7:57 AM

If this is your iPad originally, the hint on the page which is I****@icloud.com is the email which was used to set up this iPad. Is this not your Apple ID? If you purchased a used iPad, you will not be able to bypass activation lock without the assistance of the previous owner who locked the iPad.

If your iPad is used, this link will explain more: The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

If you are the original buyer of this iPad, let us and we can offer more guidance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2019 7:57 AM in response to Sophiedolphin

If this is your iPad originally, the hint on the page which is I****@icloud.com is the email which was used to set up this iPad. Is this not your Apple ID? If you purchased a used iPad, you will not be able to bypass activation lock without the assistance of the previous owner who locked the iPad.

If your iPad is used, this link will explain more: The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

If you are the original buyer of this iPad, let us and we can offer more guidance.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.