Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery won’t charge

I went to charge my IPAD Air & when I put the cord into the IPAD, it just shows red, & not blinking green showing it’s charging...

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 8:03 AM

There are some tips linked in the article linked below.

iPad Battery & Power - Official Apple Support

A few things to try, one or some of which may help

Reboot your device by holding down the sleep and home buttons for 20 seconds or so. When you see the silver apple let go and let it reboot

Make sure you are using an iPad charger, not an iPhone charger or USB port

Try a different cable

Try a different outlet

Try a different power block

If none of those help then it may be time to make an appointment at your local apple store or authorized service provider and have them check it out. If it ever gets too hot (as in literally too hot to touch) don’t try to charge it and take it in to be serviced.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2019 8:03 AM in response to cwyrick777

There are some tips linked in the article linked below.

iPad Battery & Power - Official Apple Support

A few things to try, one or some of which may help

Reboot your device by holding down the sleep and home buttons for 20 seconds or so. When you see the silver apple let go and let it reboot

Make sure you are using an iPad charger, not an iPhone charger or USB port

Try a different cable

Try a different outlet

Try a different power block

If none of those help then it may be time to make an appointment at your local apple store or authorized service provider and have them check it out. If it ever gets too hot (as in literally too hot to touch) don’t try to charge it and take it in to be serviced.

Battery won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.