Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just increased my iCloud storage. Reading the directions. It says to make sure your screen is licked. How do I do that?? Thanks!

I just increased my iCloud storage. Reading the directions it says to make sure the screen is locked. How does one do that??

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 8:32 AM

Are you asking about iCloud Backup? If so, if you do the Backup Now, the screen doesn't need to be locked. But it does for automatic backups while charging. The screen will lock automatically based on the time you have set in Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock. Or you can lock it manually by using the side button.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2019 8:32 AM in response to BLBK

Are you asking about iCloud Backup? If so, if you do the Backup Now, the screen doesn't need to be locked. But it does for automatic backups while charging. The screen will lock automatically based on the time you have set in Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock. Or you can lock it manually by using the side button.

I just increased my iCloud storage. Reading the directions. It says to make sure your screen is licked. How do I do that?? Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.