Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam - stabilizer disappears in Inspector

It seems like the 'stabilizer' option disappears when I'm working on a multicam. Or it HAS disappeared. I'm wondering if this is normal, or if something funky is going on? I can use a 3rd party stabilizer ... but the built-in one is efficient enough for this project. And quicker.

All ears,

Ben

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 12:05 PM

4 replies

Aug 29, 2019 1:46 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

And I know immediately why I don't use it on the angle ... coz the angle is one shot for 45 minutes, in this case, and the amount of time it would take me to figure out what part of that 45 minutes I want to stabilize and make in and out cuts on the angle (so I'm not trying to stabilize 45 minutes) ... it would just take too much time and effort. So I will just not be perfect, and allow for the jiggle. Very metaphoric.

Aug 30, 2019 3:19 AM in response to Ben Low

I don't think you can stabilize just a section of a clip - though I could be wrong.

If I am right, and you need to stabilize, say, just one minute of a 45 minute clip, I think the accepted solution is to export only that section to ProRes, then import it back and stabilize it. You can then add it as another angle, or replace part of the clip in the existing one.

Multicam - stabilizer disappears in Inspector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.