Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch activity intermittently not recording route

Hi

my Apple Watch series 4 intermittently not record the route when on my bike. It picks the gps up from the start route and everything else just doesn’t record the route when I check in activity.

Its not all the time but really annoying when you want to upload to other apps.

I have checked the locations services and they are fine and can’t really tell when it’s not going to record the route.

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 8:39 AM

I am Currently having the same issue, but with the Run Workout.

The GPS is not registering - and when I troubleshoot to the above - I do not see the Apple Watch Workout in the apps beneath, as an option to turn on.

Oddly - this started happening after I did the update, and the two patches to the update.

All of my location settings are on on my phone and my watch.

I really love seeing my routes on my runs, and it helps my running coach see the elevation.

I was going to do the recalibration - but when I clicked on that option it said that all of my workouts would be deleted....which I definitely do not want to do.

Any other troubleshooting advice for this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2019 8:39 AM in response to julieda

I am Currently having the same issue, but with the Run Workout.

The GPS is not registering - and when I troubleshoot to the above - I do not see the Apple Watch Workout in the apps beneath, as an option to turn on.

Oddly - this started happening after I did the update, and the two patches to the update.

All of my location settings are on on my phone and my watch.

I really love seeing my routes on my runs, and it helps my running coach see the elevation.

I was going to do the recalibration - but when I clicked on that option it said that all of my workouts would be deleted....which I definitely do not want to do.

Any other troubleshooting advice for this.

Aug 29, 2019 3:54 PM in response to Karim-m

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services: Check that Location Services (the main setting at the top) is turned on. In the list of apps beneath, check that Apple Watch Workout is set to While Using. ... Try briefly changing the setting for Apple Watch Workout to Never and then back to While Using.

Aug 29, 2019 10:25 PM in response to julieda

Thanks for the reply the thing is it recorded fine the day before then yesterday just missed the route off it’s done it a hand full of times now over the last few months and it’s not the start location as it has recorded from there before. All the settings are fine and you can’t tell when it’s going to not record until you get back and try to upload it.

Apple Watch activity intermittently not recording route

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.