Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Smart Keyboard Folio

My Smart Keyboard Folio is not connecting to my 11” iPad Pro. I’ve tried restarting it, resetting the settings and force restarting it. Nothing has worked. Does anyone know what is going on?

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 4:33 PM

This is from Apple:

If your iPad Pro doesn't detect your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard or you see an "Accessory not supported" alert on your iPad Pro, make sure there's no debris or plastic covering on the Smart Connector pins on the keyboard or the Smart Connector on the iPad Pro. Also, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your iPad Pro and Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard are in the Type position and that you have the latest version of iOS.
  2. Remove the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard from your iPad Pro.
  3. Restart your iPad Pro.
  4. Reconnect the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard.

If none of this helps, then schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar and show it to them.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2019 4:33 PM in response to Bootz007

This is from Apple:

If your iPad Pro doesn't detect your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard or you see an "Accessory not supported" alert on your iPad Pro, make sure there's no debris or plastic covering on the Smart Connector pins on the keyboard or the Smart Connector on the iPad Pro. Also, try these steps:

1. Make sure that your iPad Pro and Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard are in the Type position and that you have the latest version of iOS.
  2. Remove the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard from your iPad Pro.
  3. Restart your iPad Pro.
  4. Reconnect the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard.

If none of this helps, then schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar and show it to them.

Aug 29, 2019 4:09 PM in response to Bootz007

Switch to software keyboard

You might need to use your software keyboard instead of the Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard to do things like type accented characters or use dictation. To show the software keyboard, tap the down arrow key on your Smart Keyboard Folio or Smart Keyboard, then touch and hold  until the software keyboard appears. To hide the keyboard again, tap .

Learn more about using iOS keyboards.

My Smart Keyboard Folio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.