Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone xs max ghost touch

I have had my iphone xs max coming up to a year now, and I have experienced no issues up until yesterday. I noticed when I was typing a message it started to swipe off the apps and pressing keys on the keyboard. It has since got worse and repeated itself more consistently. I have tried to clean my phone, took off screen protector, restarted phone, factory reset my iphone and nothing seems to be stopping it I'm unsure what to do now?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 12:37 PM

Hey Lucy,

This is currently happening to me too. Your phone, if still under warranty, should qualify for a free replacement screen. It’s a known issue and really frustrating. Your phone may work regularly again, but you’ll start to lose the ability to use touch commands on areas of your screen (for example, letters and numbers on your keyboard will no longer respond to touch). Get down to your local Genius Bar before your warranty expires and get your phone fixed. It ***** but they should fix it for free if what you’re experiencing is part of the known issue, which it sounds like it is.

My phone is with the repair center now getting fixed, provided it can be fixed.

HTH!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 12:37 PM in response to lucyxcoley

Hey Lucy,

This is currently happening to me too. Your phone, if still under warranty, should qualify for a free replacement screen. It’s a known issue and really frustrating. Your phone may work regularly again, but you’ll start to lose the ability to use touch commands on areas of your screen (for example, letters and numbers on your keyboard will no longer respond to touch). Get down to your local Genius Bar before your warranty expires and get your phone fixed. It ***** but they should fix it for free if what you’re experiencing is part of the known issue, which it sounds like it is.

My phone is with the repair center now getting fixed, provided it can be fixed.

HTH!

iphone xs max ghost touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.