Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long can I expect Apple to support the new iPad Mini

How long can I expect Apple to support this device?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 9:52 AM

6 replies

Aug 30, 2019 10:29 AM in response to Butterfroggie

The average iOS upgrade/update support time from Apple is 4-5 years, but third party app support can last, typically, an aditional 2-3 more years.

For users of iPad 2, 3 and 1st gen iPad Mini running IOS 9.3.5, 2019 is the year where those iPads are now seeing much fewer third party apps still being supported on those devices and this is year three for all those older iPads without any significant IOS support from Apple.

The 1st gen iPad Air will get close to 6 years of IOS upgrades/updates this year, but 2019 is the last year for any more IOS upgrades/updates for the 1st gen iPad Air, iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 3.

Apple supports their mobile hardware device at least 1-2 years longer than any other device maker.

Nothing is forever.

It is what it is.

Your new iPad Mini 5 will always work and function no matter when Apple ends support for it.

Just enjoy that new iPad Mini 5.

Best of Luck to You!

How long can I expect Apple to support the new iPad Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.