Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dragging jpg from Photos to external storage error.

OK so just got back from holiday and have around 1200 pictures over 2 iPhones that I have transferred to Photos on my Mac - all good.

Now when I 'drag' these 1200 pictures to my external storage it copies over around 120 pictures and then just stops.

Thinking it was just Photos not liking transferring to external storage, I created a folder on my desktop and tried the same thing again... but same thing happened. Its as if my Mac forgets what it is trying to do. I get no error message... it just stops.

I have searched online and have tried the 'repair your photo library' option... that didn't work.

I tried the export option from Photos, but this was taking absolutely ages (5 minutes to transfer 15 pictures????)

I used to do this countless times and never had a an issue on previous OS', so wonder if it is just Mojave?

Anyone had same issue that can assist as its doing my head in.

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 12:42 PM

I have managed a way around it... my MacBook Air (2015) couldn't seem to handle moving over 1200 pics in one go... I split it down and moved 400 at a time and seemed to be OK... although quite surprised it struggled. (Although my Air is only rocking 4GB RAM which could have something to do with it)...

Maybe time for an upgrade.................................

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2019 12:42 PM in response to MacWill17

I have managed a way around it... my MacBook Air (2015) couldn't seem to handle moving over 1200 pics in one go... I split it down and moved 400 at a time and seemed to be OK... although quite surprised it struggled. (Although my Air is only rocking 4GB RAM which could have something to do with it)...

Maybe time for an upgrade.................................

Dragging jpg from Photos to external storage error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.