You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i take off the activation lock if it says hello

I got a phone and theres an activation lock on it and the person doesn't have access to the email or password

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 2:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 2:40 PM

Have the person try the below.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple         An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

If the previous owner can't log out of iCloud or go to iCloud.com/Find My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account, the device is useless. Ask for a refund. Apple will not unlock it unless you have a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it.

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2019 2:40 PM in response to TheSupremeKing_45

Have the person try the below.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple         An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

If the previous owner can't log out of iCloud or go to iCloud.com/Find My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account, the device is useless. Ask for a refund. Apple will not unlock it unless you have a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it.

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone 

how do i take off the activation lock if it says hello

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.