Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently imported photos stuck in Imports

I am a longtime Mac user and I am constantly importing pictures to Photos from my computer. For some reason, today when I imported several new pictures from Dropbox (something I do nearly every day), they remained in Imports and will not show up in the Photos Library. I checked my Photos preferences, even though I knew I hadn't made any changes, and the photos are supposed to repopulate from Imports to the library, as they have always done in the past. I also tried quitting the Photos app and opening it again, but with no luck. Since the pictures won't go into the Photos library, they won't copy onto my phone or iPad. I'd love some advice! (My new iMac is less than a year old, by the way.) I can't imagine why something I have been doing every day would suddenly, today, not work. Thanks!!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 10:46 AM

Control (right) - click on a photo in the Import view and select Show in Moment from the contextual menu. Then check the date and location of the photo to see if it's what it should be.

Also have you tried to do a search in the Photos view for any of the images?

If it's in the Import view it has to be in the others. As the old saying goes, "can't have one without the other".

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2019 10:46 AM in response to paddlehikeski

Control (right) - click on a photo in the Import view and select Show in Moment from the contextual menu. Then check the date and location of the photo to see if it's what it should be.

Also have you tried to do a search in the Photos view for any of the images?

If it's in the Import view it has to be in the others. As the old saying goes, "can't have one without the other".

Recently imported photos stuck in Imports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.