You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X screen is flashing green and then going black repetitively

My iPhone X has been acting up lately and I am unable to use it at all. The screen is completely black and upon touching the screen or pressing the power button it will flash green then it'll go back to the black screen.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 7:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 3:34 PM

Hi centrals,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. It sounds like your iPhone will not power on, except to flash a green screen. I'd love to provide a few steps for you.

If you're able to hear sounds, such as phone calls or feel any sort of response from your iPhone, you may want to attempt to restore it using the steps here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings. This does require using iTunes on a computer, and will erase the data on your iPhone. If you have a backup, after restoring, you may be able to move your information back to your iPhone from your backup.

If your iPhone will not power on at all, or if restoring does not resolve the issue, you may need to look into service options: Get Support.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2019 3:34 PM in response to centrals

Hi centrals,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. It sounds like your iPhone will not power on, except to flash a green screen. I'd love to provide a few steps for you.

If you're able to hear sounds, such as phone calls or feel any sort of response from your iPhone, you may want to attempt to restore it using the steps here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings. This does require using iTunes on a computer, and will erase the data on your iPhone. If you have a backup, after restoring, you may be able to move your information back to your iPhone from your backup.

If your iPhone will not power on at all, or if restoring does not resolve the issue, you may need to look into service options: Get Support.

Take care!

iPhone X screen is flashing green and then going black repetitively

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.