Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my macbook pro 2018 13inch with touch bar is having an issue regarding battery life and heat problems.

Hi there my name is Jefry, i have a question regarding about my concern to this laptop. So basically i bought the laptop in february or april 2019 i forgot. I have used it for my school stuff such as editing programming, etc. All seems normal battery can stay like a day and no heat problems well there is still but its not overheating. Suddenly like 3-4 days ago, my laptop suddenly face a problem regarding its battery life and heat/thermal problem. My laptop is used normally but i can tell a big difference. The battery is getting shorter and the lifetime too. Also i open my laptop for only like 20 - 30 minutes and it has heat problems while actually i used in a room with 18 degrees celcius on. Pls someone that ever had this problem reply to this post.

BTW

maybe my laptop issue has a relation to what i've done. I dont know either but one night i charge my laptop. I wait in my bed while playing my phone and suddenly i fell asleep. Then i woke up in the next morning like 4 AM in the morning and i was shocked right i forgot to unplug the cable from my laptop. Maybe this is the cause of why my laptop battery drain so much and there is heat problems too? Pls i need answers. I might put my laptop in apple service center near my house. But i need to see if someone will actually reply to this post cuz i really need to solve this quick.

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 4:29 AM

Hi,

I think it's not related with over night charging and battery drain.

Resetting SMC could solve the issue.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

1 reply

Why does my macbook pro 2018 13inch with touch bar is having an issue regarding battery life and heat problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.