Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iCloud account

I deleted the original iCloud account off my 8 and put mine as the primary iCloud but it’s still askin for the password to the original account to update the apps. What do I need to do

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 2:13 AM

If you have created an entirely new Apple ID and iCloud account to match, then any apps you bought under the old ID are permanently tied to it and can't be updated from another ID. You have to be signed into the old ID to do this, which of course isn't practicable. Your only option is either to revert to the original ID or purchase the apps again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2019 2:13 AM in response to Hollerboyy95

If you have created an entirely new Apple ID and iCloud account to match, then any apps you bought under the old ID are permanently tied to it and can't be updated from another ID. You have to be signed into the old ID to do this, which of course isn't practicable. Your only option is either to revert to the original ID or purchase the apps again.

Old iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.