Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove apps that are no longer compatible?

It tells me LeapFrong app is no longer compatible, but I removed that app months ago. I keep getting notifications when I restart that that app is no longer compatible.

I have tried searching for the app or any files with that name and I don't get anything in finder.

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 7:41 AM

Did you uninstall it according to the developers instructions?

Or click Go in the Finder menubar, click on Go To Folder and enter the text

~/Library. press Go

open the Application Support folder and move anything related to LeapFrog to the Trash and then empty it.

Restart your Mac.

14 replies

Aug 31, 2019 6:47 AM in response to cweeks19

If you used an installer to add the app, then you need to use an uninstaller to remove the app.

Parts of it might still remain. If an app requires an installer, it is usually because it is installing startup items to check for updates or some sort of a helper app.

Those items can be in your Login Items in Users & Groups system prefs, or they can be in your user Library/LaunchAgents folder.

If in Login Items, you can see where the original files are located. For the LaunchAgents, the file will be a .plist file usually named with a reverse domain naming convention, like com.somecompany.someapp.plist

how do I remove apps that are no longer compatible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.