Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received two text messages with an apple verification code. I did not request a

I received two texts with an apple verification code and I did not request one. Should I do something about that

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 2:25 PM

As a precaution, you might want to change your password.

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

2 replies

Aug 31, 2019 2:29 PM in response to Maryh417

If they are genuine, that would mean someone has your Apple ID and password. You may wish to change your password.

Can you still access your account at appleid.apple.com? If so, there is not likely a compromise. Why sign in as you if not to hijack your account?

Did the prompt have an actual code only? Was there a link to do something else? Like go to this site if it wasn't you?

A genuine verification code should look like this.

or this

I received two text messages with an apple verification code. I did not request a

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.