Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should virus/malware protection be added to iPhone?

Should antivirus/malware protection app be added to my iPhone?

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 3:09 PM

Thank you Kurt for addressing my concern, it was due to a sudden/seemingly suspicious pop up message I received on my iPhone from Google stating my phone was infected with 28-30 viruses and directing me to take preventive measures by tapping on a link to get to a website to address the problem. Of course I found this suspicious since to my knowledge apple products (iOS) have their own built in security/protection. Since I’m new to iPhone I thought I’d run this by the Apple products user community for advice.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2019 3:09 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Thank you Kurt for addressing my concern, it was due to a sudden/seemingly suspicious pop up message I received on my iPhone from Google stating my phone was infected with 28-30 viruses and directing me to take preventive measures by tapping on a link to get to a website to address the problem. Of course I found this suspicious since to my knowledge apple products (iOS) have their own built in security/protection. Since I’m new to iPhone I thought I’d run this by the Apple products user community for advice.

Should virus/malware protection be added to iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.