Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iMac from late 2009. I have version OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. When I am looking for updates it in the app store it doesn't give me any updates but I know I need to. Is there any way to update?

I have iMac from late 2009. I have version OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. When I am looking for updates it in the app store it doesn't give me any updates but I know I need to update because some apps are not working with this version. Is there any way to update?

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 3:37 PM

I think it will update to High Sierra. See: How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

3 replies

Aug 31, 2019 4:36 PM in response to 56fan

Please be aware that if you have the original amount of RAM (4 GB), it will not run the newer OS versions efficiently; 8 GB is about the minimum recommended for those. Also, your processor is older, so you cannot expect a perfect experience with newer versions since they are optimized for newer hardware.

I have iMac from late 2009. I have version OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. When I am looking for updates it in the app store it doesn't give me any updates but I know I need to. Is there any way to update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.