Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought a ipad with iOS 9.3.5 , my question is how can update to iOS 10 ?

I bought a ipad with iOS 9.3.5 my question is how can i update to iOS 10 ?

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 7:59 PM

Difficult to say yes or no when you haven't told us which model. I'm guessing no since that is a version that many devices can run but no higher.

Here's how to...

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - https://support.apple.com/HT204204 - When you update you will only be given one update selection which will be the highest available iOS version supported by your device. If it says no update is available and you need a higher version you will have to buy newer equipment.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2019 7:59 PM in response to petey210

Difficult to say yes or no when you haven't told us which model. I'm guessing no since that is a version that many devices can run but no higher.

Here's how to...

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - https://support.apple.com/HT204204 - When you update you will only be given one update selection which will be the highest available iOS version supported by your device. If it says no update is available and you need a higher version you will have to buy newer equipment.

Aug 31, 2019 10:59 PM in response to petey210

Short answer?

You don't.

Your iPad's internal hardware is too old and underpowered to run iOS 10 and any later versions of iOS.

Sorry.

If you need an iPad that can run the latest and greatest versions of iOS, as well as, the most current apps available, then, you will need to purchase a new iPad from Apple or a discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple’s Refurbished & Clearance section of Apple’s Website.

Best of Luck to You!

i bought a ipad with iOS 9.3.5 , my question is how can update to iOS 10 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.