Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heating up on the left side

The top corner of my MacBook Air's keyboard and back side gets warm only after like 10 minutes of use. This happens only while using Wi-Fi. I gave my MacBook to the apple service centre also they ran diagnostics and all components were working fine. They formatted my Macbook too but still the heating continues.

Apps like Mac fan control shows all temperatures are under normal condition. So why my MacBook warms up only after 10 minutes of usage.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 10:23 AM

The back left area of the MBAir is where the heatsink and fan are located. It will be hot here and is perfectly normal. macOS and other apps will perform system scans and check for software updates immediately after powering on the system. This is not unusual and can easily take 15 minutes or more depending on the system.

Run the Apple Diagnostics if you want to verify if the fan and temperature sensors are working correctly.

If the system is running hotter than normal, then see what apps/processes are using the CPU resources with Activity Monitor. You can also run EtreCheck to check for possible software issues.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2019 10:23 AM in response to ronak_surti

The back left area of the MBAir is where the heatsink and fan are located. It will be hot here and is perfectly normal. macOS and other apps will perform system scans and check for software updates immediately after powering on the system. This is not unusual and can easily take 15 minutes or more depending on the system.

Run the Apple Diagnostics if you want to verify if the fan and temperature sensors are working correctly.

If the system is running hotter than normal, then see what apps/processes are using the CPU resources with Activity Monitor. You can also run EtreCheck to check for possible software issues.

Heating up on the left side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.