Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Done button fails to light when downgrading to Free

Why iCloud “Done” fails to light up to allow downloading to Free storage.

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 9:29 AM

I actually ended up calling the support center and learned that choosing the downgrade while my subscription is still active causes the "Done" to remain grayed out until the term of the subscription expires. The call center rep did confirm my choice to downgrade was now active despite the grayed out Done button. I even went so far as ask him based on several other previous similar questions in this discussion forum from users if this problem could be avoided by a simple patch in the software. He said he's dealt with this subject from multiple calls and would "pass the question to his next level." We'll see.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2019 9:29 AM in response to Eric Root

I actually ended up calling the support center and learned that choosing the downgrade while my subscription is still active causes the "Done" to remain grayed out until the term of the subscription expires. The call center rep did confirm my choice to downgrade was now active despite the grayed out Done button. I even went so far as ask him based on several other previous similar questions in this discussion forum from users if this problem could be avoided by a simple patch in the software. He said he's dealt with this subject from multiple calls and would "pass the question to his next level." We'll see.

Done button fails to light when downgrading to Free

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.