Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable auto screen shot on my iphone?

How do I disable auto screen shot on my iphone? I have XS and it's disconcerting to have it snap a screenshot when I hit the side button a certain way.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 6:56 PM

Screenshot On an iPhone X or later

1. Press and hold the Side button on the right side of your iPhone.
  2. Immediately click the Volume up button on the left side, then release the buttons.
  3. A thumbnail of your screenshot appears in the lower-left corner of your iPhone. Tap the thumbnail to add drawings and text with Markup, or press and hold the thumbnail to share the screenshot. Swipe left on the thumbnail to dismiss it.

If you do not want to make a screenshot then don't do step 2.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2019 6:56 PM in response to dtcabbie

Screenshot On an iPhone X or later

1. Press and hold the Side button on the right side of your iPhone.
  2. Immediately click the Volume up button on the left side, then release the buttons.
  3. A thumbnail of your screenshot appears in the lower-left corner of your iPhone. Tap the thumbnail to add drawings and text with Markup, or press and hold the thumbnail to share the screenshot. Swipe left on the thumbnail to dismiss it.

If you do not want to make a screenshot then don't do step 2.

Oct 3, 2019 5:39 PM in response to ckuan

First, thank you, ckuan for your quick reply. I hadn't had a chance to reply before now. No, this does NOT help me. I am not hitting the other button. I set my phone down and hit the right button to darken the screen and it snaps a screen shot. If I hold the phone in my hand it doesn't but in my car, I can't always do that.

My question is how can I DISABLE this option. Anyone else? TIA

How do I disable auto screen shot on my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.