Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro overheating

I bought my MacBook Pro in my local Apple shop in June 2019 and it's been overheating since. Apple won't change it. What should I do next? Thanks

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 1:47 PM

The newer Apple laptops will get hot when being used. It is normal. The laptops contain very powerful CPUs in a very slim case so heat will build up in them. Even just using a web browser can stress the laptop and make it hot depending on what websites you are visiting. Of course you may have an app that is running non-stop and causing the laptop to run hotter than normal. You can run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. You can also check Activity Monitor to see if an app is using excess CPU resources.

You can always run the Apple Diagnostics to check the fan and temperature sensors are working correctly. Of course Apple's service diagnostics are much more thorough than the diagnostics you can access.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2019 1:47 PM in response to lizzieduk

The newer Apple laptops will get hot when being used. It is normal. The laptops contain very powerful CPUs in a very slim case so heat will build up in them. Even just using a web browser can stress the laptop and make it hot depending on what websites you are visiting. Of course you may have an app that is running non-stop and causing the laptop to run hotter than normal. You can run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. You can also check Activity Monitor to see if an app is using excess CPU resources.

You can always run the Apple Diagnostics to check the fan and temperature sensors are working correctly. Of course Apple's service diagnostics are much more thorough than the diagnostics you can access.

MacBook Pro overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.