Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted folder keeps reappearing on trash (even after deleting it multiple times)

Hi there!

I've been having this issue for about 5 months, and it's bugging me a lot. I deleted a folder (with nothing in it, just a empty folder), but it keeps reappearing in trash.

I'll go and "delete immediately", and 2 seconds pass and it's back in trash again. I tried everything (even using terminal). It's still here!

I would be grateful if someone could help me!

Thanks!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 7:03 AM

Good morning MacOSuser95!

I see that you're having some difficulty deleting an item from Trash because it keeps reappearing. I'll be happy to help out.

Try emptying the Trash in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support. After it's deleted in safe mode, see if it stays deleted, then restart the Mac normally. Here's some other steps that might help: If you can't empty the Trash on your Mac - Apple Support. Keep us updated.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2019 7:03 AM in response to MacOSuser95

Good morning MacOSuser95!

I see that you're having some difficulty deleting an item from Trash because it keeps reappearing. I'll be happy to help out.

Try emptying the Trash in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support. After it's deleted in safe mode, see if it stays deleted, then restart the Mac normally. Here's some other steps that might help: If you can't empty the Trash on your Mac - Apple Support. Keep us updated.

Take care.

Deleted folder keeps reappearing on trash (even after deleting it multiple times)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.